Tuesday 22 April 2014

Nature Republic Magic Remover Makeup Gel Review

HELLO EVERYONE <3 I am back with more beauty product reviews and today I am here with one of the best makeup removal products I've ever used!

Okay, so let me tell you a story. I was walking in a shopping centre in Malaysia earlier this year and in the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of an EXO poster. Yes, I know, I'm a little obsessed with them. I knew that it was a store called Nature Republic, as EXO were the 'faces' of the store at that moment of time. I decided to take a little peek inside and see what was available. Now being me, I'm very single minded. I stuck to really popular stores like Etude House or The Face Shop because let's face it, almost every Asian who knows of Korean culture shops there for cosmetics. Looking around, I saw this beautiful looking product:
Pretty packaging that caught my eye
I decided to buy it since there was a promotion (buy 2 and get 1 free) and I needed a new makeup remover. I tested it and the moment I squeezed some onto my hand an overwhelmingly nice fragrance hit me. I can't explain the exact smell of it, but it smelt so amazing I had to get it.

So thing is, if you've read my review on the L'oreal 24 Hour Gel Liner, it would have said something about how to remove it by using this liquid makeup remover. I really struggled to remove waterproof products with that remover but with this Nature Republic goodness, it takes a few gentle swipes to get rid of the stuff. There are instructions on the back of the bottle in both Korean and English:
"사용방법: 절을  적당량  화장솜에  묻혀  퍼지도록  하여  화장을 지울  부위에  약  5초간  올려둔  후  부드럽게닦아냅니다.  또는  화장을  지울  부위에  절을  편발라  부드럽게  마사지  하여  메이크업을  녹여낸  다음, 미온수로  깨끗이  씻어내고  찬물로  마무리해  줍니다. 
How to Use: Dispense an appropriate amount of gel onto a cotton ball, place over desired area for about 5 seconds and gently blot out the makeup."
Great stuff, Nature Republic. Great stuff.

Three basic everyday makeup products (from left to right): lipstick, mascara, gel eyeliner
As you can see from the collage above, the makeup remover is quite effective. The second picture shows the samples after a little more than a few gentle strokes with the remover. [The part of the gel liner that wasn't affected that much was the starting point of the line, meaning that that section of the line was thicker than everything else.] With a little more force, everything came off. Despite the light pink stain left by the lipstick, everything came off perfectly fine.

 Note: I didn't use the pencil liner because I couldn't find it but both the eye products used are waterproof and smudge-proof. 

The only thing I have to complain about it the pain you get if you get it in your eyes. If you've gotten soap in your eyes, it's the exact same feeling only a little worse. This stuff is pretty strong so when cleaning your eyes be careful not to get any in them because it may cause severe irritation.
"Cautions: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Discontinue if signs of irritation or rash appear. Keep out of reach of children. Replace cap after use." 
Look at that, they even warn you LOL. But yeah, I think that overall product is very good and I definitely recommend it. One thing though: if you decide to just remove your makeup and not wash your face (which I hope you do wash it right after), your face will be left feeling sticky and all even if you leave it for a couple of minutes. Once that thing dries it's gonna feel funny on your face.

Overall rating ★★★★½
Origin: South Korea
Price: MYR$37.90

In my opinion, I believe that this is quite cheap considering I've seen makeup removers worth AUD$20. If you convert the price of this product into AUD it would turn out to be around $10 (give or take a couple of dollars). Like I said, it's a really good product and I would definitely recommend it.

Thank you so much for reading this review and I'm sorry my terminology and descriptions may be far from normal or common but I don't pay particular attention to a lot of makeup products so please excuse the awkward words~ ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment