Saturday 31 August 2013

XOXO Kim Jong Dae (Chen)

OMG IT'S BEEN TOO LONG SINCE I'VE DRAWN SOMETHING REALLY NICE.


If you didn't know, I took a break from drawing portraits because, well, I got a little restless. During my break, I've been observing other people's drawing process via "speed-drawing" (a drawing being sped up). The thing I needed to work on the most was the hair so that's where I put most of my focus on.

It's slightly more difficult to see, but the amount of detail I managed to put in the hair in this drawing was amazing. It took me a lot longer, but it was definitely worth spending so long on it. My shading improved a lot too. You have no idea how proud I am of this drawing. Planning to draw the rest of EXO from the XOXO poster but it might take a while...

Oh, just so you know, I am willing to sell this drawing. If you're interested, e-mail me at melissa_tan1@hotmail.com (no junk mail or spam please). It looks a lot better on paper as well. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment