Tuesday 23 October 2012

Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Review

Hello everyone~ ^^ I feel cheerful today :3

So if you haven't already read the title, I'm going to be doing my first make-up product review~~!!! I have no idea why I didn't do this earlier because I've had this since April...anyway, here it is!



I think that's a promotional picture...? Haha XD Plus, it's Park Shin Hye~

[You can skip this section if you want:
If you don't know what BB Cream is, it stands for blemish balm cream. Originated from Germany but is now extremely popular in Asia and is currently increasing in popularity in Western countries like USA and Australia (but those brands aren't as good ;D stick to Asian brands lol). It can be used as a concealer but if you have EXTREMELY dark circles under your eyes, it might not work so well and may still need to use actual concealer.]

Okay, first of all, I just wanna say, I really love this BB Cream. To be honest, I haven't tried others (so this would be my first) but I find it really good. Um, I bought this particular brand because of Martina from eatyourkimchi on Youtube :) She did a review on it too and said it was really good so I decided to try it out.

The BB Cream is very light on your skin, that's for sure. It doesn't make your face very heavy throughout the day and can cover small spots and blemishes really well. Since I have really dark circles under my eyes (naturally but I think the lack of sleep adds to it) I don't really bother to apply BB Cream there BUT. Sometimes I do apply it there to even out my skin colour. In all honesty, I hardly use foundation and concealer (in fact I don't use it at all) because I'm a little young for all this make-up stuff but I use BB Cream on a weekly basis; not daily because my skin's acne prone and all those hormone things during puberty :P 

Back to the review.

This product IS a face whitening one, it will make your face really white if you have a tanned skin tone. When you're testing BB Creams, the colour of it on your hand comes out COMPLETELY different on your face. Don't ask me why, I don't know. So, the product may look light on you hand and may look like it's the perfect shade for your face but it could be the complete opposite and make your face look like a ghost. Just sayin'. Also, I learnt this the hard way. I tried it on my hand, thought it was alright, bought it, tried it on my face, and turned out that it was a couple shades lighter than my actual skin tone...I still love this product though ^_^ Glad I bought it~ 

Coverage-wise, this BB cream has pretty good coverage HOWEVER it will only last for a few hours (give or take a couple more depending on the environment and what you're doing). I spend around six hours in school and at the start of the day you can barely see the blemishes and whatnot but the moment I get back, it goes back to how my skin originally was before applying the cream (with a little extra oil- ew). It's still there and everything when I remove it, but it does appear as if you've got nothing on.

Anyway, that's all I have to say, really. That's basically the general things you want to know about this BB Cream. Nothing much to know about. 

A TIP: Before applying the BB Cream put some moisturiser or mix the BB Cream with some lotion because it does makes a difference. 

Overall rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Origin: South Korea
Price: HK$79

If you wanted to know, I bought my BB Cream (and a few more cosmetics) in Hong Kong because it is much cheaper there than a lot of places. Singapore doesn't really have cheap cosmetics compared to Australia because the currency rate is almost equal so yeah...Malaysia is cheaper but (even if I haven't travelled to many places) Hong Kong is the cheapest I've seen-online too. There are a few cosmetic stores on EVERY street in Hong Kong; many of them from the same chain. Two really big cosmetic stores (not literally big, but popular big)-one called Sasa and the other one called Bonjour-both have online stores and they also have discounts and sales too! So for all you international people who can't go to Hong Kong go visit their online stores~! ^^ Hope you liked this review and hope you learnt a lot from it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment